Mental illnesses are medical conditions that disrupt a person’s thinking, feeling, mood, ability to relate to others, and daily functioning. Just as diabetes is a disorder of the pancreas, mental illnesses are medical conditions that often result in a diminished capacity for coping with the ordinary demands of life. (see this site)
I have to say that taking into account everything that came out of Michael Richard’s mouth, I feel sorry for him. This man was a great comedian, but he has been known to go on racial tirades in the past.
“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.” (Acts 3:19)
Michael Richards really seemed to “lose it” on stage at the Laugh Factory see the video here
This man, Michael Richards, looked as though he was going through a nervous breakdown or a very traumatic time both on stage during the performance and ,most noticeably, during his apology. Richards did not appear to be intoxicated but he did appear to be having a “weird Moment”
When Mel Gibson went on his tirade against the Jews, he said he was not in control of what he was saying due to being intoxicated. (His Choice) The world seemed to forgive him, at least some of the world did.
I have received a fair amount of hits, (2,104 so far) since first posting the video on 11/20/2006. Titled Simply “Michael Richards Video“. Sadly enough, most of the comments that this post received were very racial in content. Some laughing and agreeing with what Michael Richards said to the audience members in this video. Some were a bit too vulgar to be posted on my blog.
- was pretty cool,niggas disrupted his act and he call em like he seen em…hahaha very entertaining.
- I think its funny as hell all the black people do is cry cry cry im sooooo sick of them thinking we owe them something
- my hero
- if blacks can call us crackers and honkeys without any remorse then they should be called niggers the same way
- I think its a disgrace that that they call them selves african american when they,, are the problem.
- White People are very Shallow….and ignorant. They live in there own world and ignore everything around them you would think that I was racist, well I am
Not all of the Comments were like that. Some (few) were anti-racial
- still does not excuse what he said and how he said it. i only give my opinion because after seeing the apology it does seem that he is upset himself about what happened and it does appear to be genuine
- Screw You!! That was not entertaining! Pea brains like you give good white people a bad name
- There are racists of all nationalities and origins, and there are some of us who accept all God’s people for who and what they are.
- Even as a black woman,I have to say, I can see the argument on both sides. However, as an entertainer commenting on another entertainer, Mr. Richards should have been better prepared to handle a heckler
The List Goes On……..
Michael made an apology, over the air, on the David Letterman Show (you can see his apology here)
See the Kramer Nuts Out Video Here
Now we’re very confused.On Tuesday we reported that the Jewish Journal had written that the former Seinfeld star Michael Richards was not a member of the tribe. But this afternoon we read in Gothamist that the actor’s newly hired PR man says that Richards is indeed Jewish.
All of this stems from a new allegation that Richards once went on an anti-Semetic tirade on some audience members at The Improv in April.
Check Out laist For this and other stories
See the Laugh Factory Michael Richards Video here…
This is where he nuts out on stage and goes on a racial tirade
According to one comment, by an amateur psychologist, This apology is deemed disingeneuouss. I don’t think that is a fair assumption, but racists on both sides, do have strong opinions.